24 July 2006

Wax on...Wax off


"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as EAGLES they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint" - Isaiah 40:31

Well there seems like there is a lot to be said about the simple things in life. For the last month I have lived a life quite a bit different than I had grown accustomed to in the past.

My workforce has gone from over 100 to just me. The revenue that I was responsible for generating has gone from over $10,000,000 to $0. My conference calls have been replaces with prepping vegetables for meals. The sales meetings of the past have been replaced with meetings about making beds. I do not sell vacuums any longer, but now I sure do use them. Some days I would leave my past job with a sore behind from sitting too much. That has been replaced with a sore everything from moving around too much…

The above sentiments could very easily be interpreted as whining, or unbearable for some, but not for me. I will learn from Daniel-Son’s mistakes of questioning why painting the fence or sanding the deck is training for the big fight. Why should one question results? I have learned more in 4 weeks of this work about myself than I have in the past 2 years! I was so caught up in the rat race that I did not take the proper amount of time to discover what my inner self really needed. The world is full of people that have expectations of what you should be doing, and they make enough noise to drown out your own inner voice of what you really need to be doing with your time. I really quite like this new pace. It isn’t slower or faster, more challenging or less challenging, it is just different. I like this different.

I can see that the future will hold many exciting things for us in the international arena, but for now it is time to get back to work.

Wax on, Wax off…

No comments: