06 August 2007

Historic Day for The HIC!

It is with great pleasure that I would like to announce that our very first humanitarian initiative, Sacred Link Jewelry training and apprenticeship, officially held the inaugural class today!

It was a lovely day of teaching, sharing, and rapport building.  Petra, Briana, and Chelsea did a wonderful job of taking charge of the class as head instructors.  They have worked long and hard on a course curriculum, and that work sure showed this morning when we began the program.  I am so proud for them.

We snapped a few photos of the team, and I promise to post them shortly.

I had a busy day today, as I was in attendance for the morning session of the jewelry training, but then traveled some distance to discuss with the Fon (King) of this area about procuring some land for our demonstration farm amongst other things.  The meetings were fruitful and exciting.

No comments: