21 November 2006

NYC trip summary


Our trip to NYC was very nice. Since we have been living in an extremely rural environment for the past 5 months it was at times overwhelming, but for the most part the change was fun.

The city itself is amazing. I have never seen a city move with more fluidity in my life. The people, cars, busses, and bicycles all move as one giant unit. It appeared to me that the entire city is in a constant state of near collision, but those collisions never occurred. Driving in Manhattan was a true life experience. I have no idea why there are lines on the streets, because not a soul stays within the lines. People merely drive wherever they feel like driving, and they are so bold when it comes to merging. I am now certain that I have seen enough of New York City for my entire life. I am not saying that I do not enjoy the city, it is just a bit much to handle and call it recreation.



It was very nice to be able to take Briana out for a proper anniversary celebration. A month ago we celebrated out 5th wedding anniversary in Davenport, IA while we were attending our friends wedding. There were two factors that made it difficult to celebrate properly. 1 – Briana was sick. 2 – There were a limited number of choices in the city for romantic dining. New York City had just what he Dr. Ordered. We had a wonderful meal at a restaurant named Devi. Devi is sort of like what you get when you mix an Indian restaurant and a 5 star restaurant together. It was delicious and romantic. I would definitely go back if given the chance. Our hotel was super nice, but the downside was that we were forced to stay in Times Square. That place is not my favorite. It is gaudy, noisy, and has way too much going on for any one place on earth, but we certainly made it through with a good nights rest.

I took some photos and a video of the trip, but I am having trouble with the card that they are stored on. I will try to get them uploaded, but if not no one is really missing anything too great.

That is all that there is time for this morning. After lunch I plan to take a moment to give the details about an upcoming trip to a foreign land that is just around the corner…

No comments: