18 August 2006

She thinks my tractors sexy...

This is the first time I have mowed a lawn in at least 12 years. Mom, if you would have gotten us one of these we could have avoided so many arguments when we were younger ;)

Well, I suppose it is time for an update. Things are moving rapidly up here, so it has been hard to find some time to post. Right now for the most part I have been getting settled into my full time line of work which is managing the sales and marketing for our nasal irrigation and natural supplements division. There is so much to be done! Today alone I spent the entire day combing through one of the two web sites that are used to promote the products hat fall under my area of responsibility. Tomorrow will be dedicated to the other. Then Monday or Tuesday I will sit with the webmaster and begin the arduous process of untangling the web of issues. I have taken on a data entry assistant as of last Tuesday, so that is a big help. She is very enthusiastic to help, so it has been easy getting her committed tasks. Aside from that there has been so much personal research into the product line, different methods of distribution, existing accounts, and marketing strategies. This is going to be a lot of fun, and a tremendous amount of growth for me in the next 6 - 8 months. That is the current full time responsibility.

"So what about Africa?"

That is a part time thing right now. I have been to several formal and informal meetings about this subject. Things are progressing very quickly. Right now there are negotiations going on with 3 more African nations to develop sister projects to the one in Uganda, and the agricultural and geological teams will be heading to Uganda next month. Soon we will begin planting, and then there will be work to be done. Right now the business is serving the cause in the most practical way. Proceeds from all of the sales in my department benefit the oversea humanitarian projects directly, so right now sales and marketing is for a humanitarian purpose.

Briana is doing well in the bookstore. She is going to have that place revolutionalized rather soon. It is incredible to watch her grow into a management position. Either she has some hidden talent that she has been hiding, or watching me lose my hair these past 15 years has rubbed off on her. She would adamantly disagree with me, but she is way more poised in her first management role than I was. I was a mess!

Aside from cutting the grass, selling books and natural health products, and sowing the seeds of saving third world nations from hopelessness, there really is not a lot going on in our neck of the woods. Remember that the internet works both ways, and drop us a line sometime. Our addresses are not too terribly difficult to find on this blog.

until next time, take great care

No comments: