06 August 2006

Attitude of gratitude

What an amazing week...



I started my full time assignment this week, and it has been wonderful to have a new challenge and opportunity to grow.

I have assumed the role of national sales manager for our herbal products line. The main focus will be on product selection, branding, positioning, and increasing distribution nationwide, and then ultimately on an international level. I am very glad to have an opportunity to develop my marketing and advertising skills with this role, as well as my knowledge of multi channel marketing and distribution.

This IS in fact strongly tied to the projects overseas in the fact that it will provide funding, operational support, and tangible product for distribution in the dispensaries overseas.

I am very excited about seeing this project mature as the forward vision is very well rooted. In the appropriate amount of time we will be moving forward with the Biofuel projects, but for now there is an enormous amount of work being done in the background.

Briana and I are packing our stuff for an overnight trip to New York to see some old friends of ours. It will be nice to get caught up.

I went for a hike this morning on one of the marked trails on campus. It was a real lesson in gratitude. I am so pleased to be here. I ran across a deer that was sitting under a tree. I was about 20 feet from her, and we both took the opportunity to observe one another. She looked very regal just enjoying the cool breeze of the forest. I was glad that she felt comfortable enough with me to not run away. I also stumbled upon a bunch of blackberries. They made for a great treat. As I was eating these blackberries I smiled because the only way for me to do that 7 weeks ago would have been to get in the car and drive to the grocery and pay $2.99 for something that apparently grows wild in the forests of the Pocono Mountains. I realize that where we are right now is not for anyone, but if I had the offer to live ANYWHERE other than here, I would gladly pass. This is the right place for right now…

No comments: